Turku Cancer Research Society PhD Thesis of the Year -Award
Turku Cancer Research Society invites proposals for the annual PhD Thesis of the Year Award. The award (300 €) is sponsored by Pharmatest. The purpose of the award is to highlight talented early career researchers and the impact of cancer research conducted in Turku.
Call for applications is now closed. Next call will be held on September, 2019.
Apply for the award by submitting an email application to the secretary of the Society (contact-tcrs(at)lists.utu.fi).
The applications should contain the following details:
- Name of the candidate
- Date of receiving the degree (not the date of dissertation)
- Short (max. one page) letter explaining the significance and cancer relevance of the thesis
- A .pdf version of the thesis
- The candidate has received PhD or MD-PhD degree from University of Turku or Åbo Akademi University between 1.7.2017 and 30.6.2018
- The subject of the thesis is related to treatment, diagnosis, or biology of cancer
The Award will be presented in the annual Christmas seminar of Turku Cancer Research Society.
Hall of Fame
PhD Sofia Aakko “MicroRNA-mediated regulation of mitosis and taxane sensitivity in breast and ovarian cancer”
MD, PhD Andreina Kero “Late mortality and cardiovascular morbidity after cancer at a young age in Finland”
PhD Julia Misiorek “The role of keratin intermediate filaments in the colon epithelial cells”
PhD Jenni Mäki-Jouppila “To divide or not to divide; MicroRNAs and small compounds as modulators of mitosis”